EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleSFTPClient : Connection Lost (error code is 0)

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 06/01/2010 15:41:08
by Scott Byam (Standard support level)

Hi Eugene.

Your suggestion has worked, however it does not work consistently. When I first added the code below to the sample project it worked. However the next 3-4 attempts it failed (with the same error message I was getting originally), then worked once again, followed by another 3-4 failures:

////Disable newer algorithms.
this.SftpClient.set_KexAlgorithms(SBSSHConstants.Unit.SSH_KEX_FIRST, false);
this.SftpClient.set_KexAlgorithms(SBSSHConstants.Unit.SSH_KEX_DH_GROUP_14, false);
this.SftpClient.set_KexAlgorithms(SBSSHConstants.Unit.SSH_KEX_DH_GROUP_EXCHANGE256, false);
this.SftpClient.set_KexAlgorithms(SBSSHConstants.Unit.SSH_KEX_LAST, false);

////Enable older algorithms.
this.SftpClient.set_KexAlgorithms(SBSSHConstants.Unit.SSH_KEX_DH_GROUP, true);
this.SftpClient.set_KexAlgorithms(SBSSHConstants.Unit.SSH_KEX_DH_GROUP_EXCHANGE, true);

Do you know why there would be intermittent successes surrounded by failures.

Thank you.
Posted: 06/02/2010 00:52:28
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I suggest that you contact the authors of the server and ask them why their server behaves in such a strange way. This is obviously a bug of the server, and spending time on workarounds is not the best idea, as it doesn't help fix the original issues.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/02/2010 01:26:56

We can do it the following way: try to connect to the server using CuteFTP application (it produces a nice log). Be sure to enable maximum logging level in it. If the connection is successful, please post the log here -- we will see what algorithms are accepted by the server.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/02/2010 10:47:44

Hi Eugene,

Here is the information from the CUTE FTP log that you requested:

Allowed encryption method(s) by user:
3des-cbc
arcfour
cast128-cbc
twofish-cbc
blowfish-cbc
twofish128-cbc
aes128-cbc
aes256-cbc
----------------------------
Allowed MAC algorithms method(s) by user:
hmac-md5
hmac-sha1
hmac-sha1-96
hmac-md5-96

I don't think it is their server as I am able to connect to their server with no problems with other SFTP clients such as Ipswitch (and CUTE FTP).

I will take a stab at what the above algorithms map to in terms of ELDOS algorithms. What is the "CTR" stand for in terms of an algorithm name i.e. SSH_EA_TWOFISH128 vs. SSH_EA_TWOFISH128_CTR

Thank you.
Posted: 06/02/2010 11:27:49

Eugene,

Would you have any idea on your end what twofish-cbc maps to on your end? I see they also have twofish128-cbc which would likely map to SSH_EA_TWOFISH128 (and perhaps SSH_EA_TWOFISH128_CTR) on the ELDOS side. However, what would twofish-cbc map to? SSH_EA_TWOFISH256?

Thanks.
Posted: 06/04/2010 10:10:38

Twofish is not related to the problem in any way. Please post complete log.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/04/2010 16:19:34

Hi Eugene,

What is your email? I would prefer to email you the complete log file.

Thanks.
Posted: 06/04/2010 23:57:00

Please post it to HelpDesk

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 7137 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!