EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

sftp vs ftps

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 05/13/2010 18:14:30
by Edward Brazell (Standard support level)

I currently use SimpleFTPSClient for ftps and it works great. Today I received sftp setup from one of our customers and I can't get it to work. I know I'm doing something wrong. I know the connection works because I can do it through FireFTP using port 22 with security set to SFTP.

How do I go about setup the component to do this?

Thanks,

Ed
Posted: 05/13/2010 22:48:32
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

SFTP and FTPS are completely different, incompatible protocols. The article gives more information about the differences between them.
Posted: 05/14/2010 06:53:36
by Edward Brazell (Standard support level)

Then I'm assuming that SimpleFTPSClient can't do sftp ? Do you know of a delphi product that will do it ?

Thanks,
Ed
Posted: 05/14/2010 07:10:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We have client components for FTP(S) and for SFTP. SFTP is provided with TElSimpleSFTPClient, which requires a license for SFTPBlackbox, Transports, Standard or Professional package. SSLBlackbox (the package for which you have a license) has only FTPS client component.

You can either purchase SFTPBlackbox client-only package, or upgrade to Transports or Standard package with discount.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 820 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!