EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

DataAvailable but no callback

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/11/2010 14:21:08
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Sorry, it was my fault initially - I misread your question.

Yes, there's one case when it can happen that DoReceive is not called from DataAvailable and only in SSL/TLS mode (not in DTLS). However, this can happen only in some strange situations which require being reproduced. So we do need a test case anyway.

And your comment regarding we'd get lost in your full picture is counterproductive because if you want us to help you, it's in your interest to make us understand the problem. And again, the test case is the best way to explain it.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/11/2010 14:28:26
by neil young (Standard support level)

No need to apologize. You're doing an extraordinary job.

I think we've found the reason. Within the while loop it is a good idea to check, whether the connection is still alive or - another way - to reset the counters on external socket close.

I didn't want to overload you. Our sources are now full of Microsoft CCR code, it's lot of multithreading/multitasking involved and we have a bunch of problems with that. It's not only this issue...

Thanks for the follow up. I think the item is closed. Don't worry. You're great :)

Topic viewed 2205 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!