EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Check SFTP file/folder rights

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 05/10/2010 19:07:24
by miguel erill (Standard support level)

Hi all.

I don't know if this has been answerd before but I don't find it so here I go...

Is there any way to check the user rights at the remote SFTP site (from the local SFTP client of course) to a given file or folder?. I mean, how can I assess if I can create or delete a remote file or if I can move a file from one folder to another without just doing the real thing? Does there exist some kind of structure that inform me that I just have the read/write/delete rights or whatever to this file or in this given folder?.

By the way, does it exist any atomic (only one call) method of moving a file from a remote folder to another remote folder? (After a requested file has finished downloading to the local folder I need to move the remote file from the download folder to the archived files folder so that in a next cicle not to download again a formerly processed file)

Thanks to all in advance.

Edit: I reply myself. Use the RequestAttributes function call or check the returned data in the attributes structure after reading the folder with Listdirectory for example.
Posted: 05/10/2010 21:49:07
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

You actually answered your first question correctly. You can use RequestAttributes() method, however, you should keep in mind that different servers return different sets of attributes. Please use TElSFTPFileAttributes.IncludedAttributes property to detect which attributes were returned by the server.

By the way, does it exist any atomic (only one call) method of moving a file from a remote folder to another remote folder?

Yes, please use the RenameFile() method.

Statistics

Topic viewed 761 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!