EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Code Sample For Silverlight

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 04/29/2010 15:17:24
by Greg Lusk (Basic support level)

I'm evaluating the Silverlight version of SBB, and would like to see a code sample for doing an HTTP POST via SSL.

I've tried using the SBHTTPSClient.TElHTTPSClient from a Silverlight test application, but the TLS connection setup doesn't seem to be taking place. Here's the scenario:

* If you call the Post() method on the SBHTTPSClient.TElHTTPSClient class without calling the Open() method first, then no TLS negotiation occurs. The app simply tries to download the clientaccesspolicy file directly and the server closes the connection.

* If I use the SBHTTPSClient.TElHTTPSClient.Open() method to set up the TLS negotiation, I have to handle the OnReceive event, but I don't know what I am supposed to do there. Some of the samples show using a separate socket to read and write data (the DTLS sample, for example), but in the SSL HTTP POST sample, that isn't necessary; the client handles all of the TLS negotiation for you. Do I have to set up a separate socket in Silverlight?

I need some direction regarding how to get this working in Silverlight, since there is no way to support synchronous communications.

Thanks

Statistics

Topic viewed 1441 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!