EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleSFTPClient.ListDirectory return type for files

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 04/28/2010 20:33:15
by Serge Shevchenko (Standard support level)

SecBBox 6.1.150
.NET v3.5

Is there reason why ListDirectory() would return SBSftpCommon.TSBSftpFileType.ftUnknown for a file?
I have a bunch of files and directories and all directores returned as ftDirectory and all files as ftUnknown.

THank you
Posted: 04/29/2010 02:04:40
by Eugene Mayevski (Team)

This can be a problem of the server, which reports the files in such way, or it can be a problem of the component not understanding the server for whatever reason. I recommend that you try version 7 or 8 of SecureBlackbox and see if it solves the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/29/2010 08:03:54
by Serge Shevchenko (Standard support level)

I tried to ftp using WinScp client and it shows me the entries correctly. When I look at properties for the directories, it says "folder", and "file" for the files.
It sounds like trying newer version of SecureBlackbox is the only option for me.
Posted: 04/29/2010 10:13:54
by Ken Ivanov (Team)

Another thing to try would be to restrict the versions supported by the client component with SFTP3 and optionally SFTP4 and check if it changes something.

As a matter of fact, nothing prevents WinSCP from considering file system elements reported as ftUnknown by the server as generic files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1353 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS business operates as a division of /n software, inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!