EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleSFTPClient.ListDirectory return type for files

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 04/28/2010 20:33:15
by Serge Shevchenko (Standard support level)

SecBBox 6.1.150
.NET v3.5

Is there reason why ListDirectory() would return SBSftpCommon.TSBSftpFileType.ftUnknown for a file?
I have a bunch of files and directories and all directores returned as ftDirectory and all files as ftUnknown.

THank you
Posted: 04/29/2010 02:04:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This can be a problem of the server, which reports the files in such way, or it can be a problem of the component not understanding the server for whatever reason. I recommend that you try version 7 or 8 of SecureBlackbox and see if it solves the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/29/2010 08:03:54
by Serge Shevchenko (Standard support level)

I tried to ftp using WinScp client and it shows me the entries correctly. When I look at properties for the directories, it says "folder", and "file" for the files.
It sounds like trying newer version of SecureBlackbox is the only option for me.
Posted: 04/29/2010 10:13:54
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Another thing to try would be to restrict the versions supported by the client component with SFTP3 and optionally SFTP4 and check if it changes something.

As a matter of fact, nothing prevents WinSCP from considering file system elements reported as ftUnknown by the server as generic files.

Topic viewed 1274 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!