EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TelPGPReader.DecryptAndVerify

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 09/07/2006 17:34:07
by hemaram Ramdass (Basic support level)

Hi, I am evaluating SecuredBlackBox.net to upload/download files to an FTP server - if this test is successful my Org will pruchase.
So far Uploads are fine, however i encountered an error using TelPGPReader.DecryptAndVerify. After creating an instance; the error occurs on
pgpReader.DecryptAndVerify(inF, 0); - "INVALID PGP PACKET.

I am setting the FTP mode to Binary and using .net 2003.

Is there some help you can offer? Thanks so much...

Hemaram
Posted: 09/08/2006 01:43:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

FTP is not related in any way to the problem. Please try running PGPFiles demo locally and see if it works on the data.
Most likely you just don't reset pointer for inF stream.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/25/2006 14:24:21

Hi Eugene, I am back on this project. The original issue has been resolved. We found that it was in the way the file was being uploaded by the client (MUST be BINARY) was the issue.

However, now i have a greater issue and I cannot seem to find a solution.

The problem is that the file which was sent is a Unix based file in PGP. When I used pgp to decrypt the file (manually) there are two fiels which are generated. Please see the attached for illustrations.

When i use SBB to decryptVerify the file the file which is generated is 'blank'. Note I have made significant progress if I created and pgped the filed myself.

Are you familiar with this issue and is there a way to decrypt a Unix file.

[ Download ]
Posted: 10/26/2006 09:08:59

OutputStream property can be used only when you are absolutely sure that you have one file in the PGP packet. It's more correct to use OnCreateOutputStream event.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/26/2006 11:32:22

I tried to Decrypt the file using the sample projects PGPFilesDemo_VS2005.csproj but I get the message 'Invalid PGP Packet'

Can you give some advice? I feel like I am now LOST!

Thanks alot.
Posted: 10/26/2006 12:07:36

Please send the encrypted file and a keyring (with secret key, needed for decryption) so that we can investigate the problem.

Send the data to HelpDesk ( http://www.eldos.com/support/ticket_list.php )

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/26/2006 17:51:04

Thanks,
I have sent the ticket!

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5828 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!