EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ElSimpleSSHClientX CRC errors

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 09/06/2006 16:00:23
by Mike Scriven (Standard support level)

I'm running version 4.4.86 - Released May 16, 2006. I'm getting occasional SSH Error 4 - INVALID_CRC. Is this a known bug or should I suspect my code?

Cheers!
Posted: 09/06/2006 16:14:03
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No ideas and nobody yet reported this kind of problem. Try playing with cipher suites and/or compression. Also it's a good idea to download and use build 94.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/19/2006 21:40:47

I'm still stuck on this. Can you give me some clue as to what might be causing the following error:

"Access violation at address 0149D358 in module 'SSHBBoxCli.dll'. Read of address 0151C00F"

I think I may be passing bad data to SBB from the OnReceiveElsimplesshclientx event handler.

I use the following code to put the data from the socket into the VARIANT:

SAFEARRAYBOUND rgsabound;
rgsabound.lLbound = 0;
rgsabound.cElements = nBytesNeeded;
Data->parray = SafeArrayCreate(VT_UI1, 1, &rgsabound);
ASSERT(Data->parray != NULL);
if(Data->parray != NULL)
{
Data->vt = VT_ARRAY | VT_UI1;
Data->parray->rgsabound[0].cElements = pSocket->Receive(Data->parray->pvData, nBytesNeeded);
}

I'm running SecureBlackbox - version 4.0.94 - Released July 20, 2006 (purchased).
Posted: 09/20/2006 15:20:25
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please find attached the SSHDemo sample application. Feel free to use it as a guide. Although it uses ElSSHClientX control (not ElSimpleSSHClientX), it illustrates the use of OnReceive event.

[ Download ]
Posted: 09/27/2006 13:20:14

I am creating multiple ElSimpleSSHClientX controls in my application. I'm only setting the license key once during startup. Should I be setting the license key each time I create a control?

Thanks for the demo. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me - it seems to go into a loop trying to connect.
Posted: 09/27/2006 13:28:05

Should I be setting the license key each time I create a control?

No, the license key should be set just once. Please note, that you should set it *before* calling methods of SecureBlackbox components (you can create the components before setting the key though).

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me - it seems to go into a loop trying to connect.

Hmm, it's quite strange. We will try to reproduce the issue here and fix the demo if it was broken.
Posted: 09/27/2006 13:34:03

Just to clarify this:

I set the license key during application startup. Then I create an ElSimpleSSHClientX control and connect to a host. Then I disconnect and destroy the control. Then I create another ElSimpleSSHClientX control and connect to another host. Then I disconnect and destroy the control, etc. etc. After several sessions I get the invalid CRC error.

Is there any possibility that this could be the cause of the CRC errors? It doesn't occur if I close the application after each connect/disconnect session.
Posted: 09/27/2006 13:50:01

Most likely, the problem is caused by some memory issue (e.g., memory leak, writing to unallocated memory etc.). Is it possible for you to provide us some small test project so that we could try to reproduce the problem here? You can either post the sample project to the forum, or create a separate ticket in the helpdesk system.

BTW, on what stage of connection does the error occur (protocol negotiation, data transfer)?
Posted: 09/27/2006 14:07:53

[QUOTE]

It ALWAYS happens immediately after OnKeyValidateElsimplesshclientx event is fired. Here is what my debug trace shows:

CMyApp::OnOnKeyValidateElsimplesshclientx (session 1)
CMyApp::OnOnSendElsimplesshclientx (session 1)
CMSocket::SendToHost: m_nSendBufferSize=156
CMSocket::OnReceive(0): 12 bytes available
CMyApp::OnOnReceiveElsimplesshclientx (session 1) - MaxSize=4, bytes available=12
CMyApp::OnOnReceiveElsimplesshclientx (session 1) - bytes received=4
CMSocket::OnSend(0)
CMyApp::OnOnReceiveElsimplesshclientx (session 1) - MaxSize=8, bytes available=8
CMyApp::OnOnReceiveElsimplesshclientx (session 1) - bytes received=8
CMyApp::OnOnErrorElsimplesshclientx (session 1): SSH Error 4 - INVALID_CRC

The trace is the same when successful except for the last line which is then:
CMyApp::OnOnSendElsimplesshclientx (session 1)
CMSocket::SendToHost: m_nSendBufferSize=28

I'm not sure if I can provide you with a test project - I'll see what I can do.
Posted: 09/28/2006 10:23:29

Hmm, it's quite strange. We will try to reproduce the issue here and fix the demo if it was broken.

Have you had a chance to look at this yet (demo not working)? If you can get it to work I can try and modify it to recreate my problem.

Cheers!
Mike
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 21811 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!