EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

MakeDirectory Complete

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 03/24/2010 14:12:21
by Serge Shevchenko (Standard support level)

How do I know once the sftpClient.MakeDirectory call has completed successfully? There are a bunch of On events that you have like: sftpClient.OnDirectoryListing, sftpClient.OnOpenConnection,... But I don't see anything like that for MakeDirectory.

I'm specifically trying to perform a sftpClient.OpenDirectory on the new directory that will be a result of the MakeDirectory command but need to wait for the MakeDirectory to complete before executing it.

Posted: 03/24/2010 23:57:41
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

It depends on the exact component you use. TElSimpleSFTPClient.MakeDirectory() throws an exception if directory creation failed (i.e. the fact that no exception is thrown states that the directory has been created successfully). TElSFTPClient reports the result with OnSuccess or OnError events.
Posted: 03/25/2010 00:29:54
by Serge Shevchenko (Standard support level)

Can you provide me with some sample code for the TElSFTPClient that would take action when a MakeDirectory was executed and an OnSuccess was returned? Thanks
Posted: 03/25/2010 00:42:44
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please take a look at the SophisticatedClient sample (%INSTALLDIR%\Samples\C#\SFTPBlackbox\Client\SophisticatedClient).

Topic viewed 1221 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!