EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Add support for Silverlight

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 03/04/2010 12:52:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Create SecureBlackbox assemblies for use in Microsoft Silverlight

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/04/2010 12:52:56

If you are interested in Silverlight support, please leave a note telling us, what particular components you would like to see in Silverlight.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/15/2010 01:22:52

FYI: Silverlight 3.0 support is available in beta version of SecureBlackbox 8.
Silverlight 4.0 support will be available when Silverlight 4 is released by Microsoft.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/10/2010 08:47:14
by Dimitar Ivanov (Basic support level)

I am considering your XMLBlackBox component for usage in a commercial project. I am planning of using Silverlight application for signing XML documents with XAdES on the client. Is it possible to achieve that kind of functionality? Currently the problem which I face is getting a client certificate from a local store.

Best regards,
Dimitar
Posted: 06/10/2010 10:46:34

Yes, it's indeed a problem to get a certificate from anywhere in Silverlight because it neither lets you get to the certificate store, nor it lets you load the certificate from file. We are yet to solve this particular problem. Other than this (for example, if you have a trusted Silverlight 4 application) you can use SecureBlackbox for signing XML.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/10/2010 11:18:26

Thanks, for your instant reply.

Is it possible somehow to stream the certificate from CAPICOM to a ElMemoryCertStorage object?

If I abandon the idea of using Silverlight and choose another client-side technology, then will I be able to take advantage of SecureBlackbox features in this particular scenario (signing XML documents on the client with certificate chosen by the user) and what technology will this be?

Best regards,
Dimitar Ivanov
Posted: 06/10/2010 13:16:03

Is CAPICOM accessible in Silverlight?

The alternative would be to take VCL edition and create custom ActiveX control using it. That would be both the most powerful and the most easy to implement solution (if you know VCL at least a bit, and .NET Framework was designed by the guy who previously designed VCL).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/11/2010 02:31:52

Unfortunately it isn't.

Someone could find this post interesting [URL=http://securitymusings.com/article/1922/capicom-is-dead-long-live-um-not-being-able-to-sign-in-the-browser]CAPICOM is DEAD[/URL].

Do you have a distribution which can be used in a Java applet because we've done some research in this area and VCL is not an option?

Best regards,
Dimitar
Posted: 06/11/2010 02:53:53

Unfortunately right now Java is not an option at all. In our distributed signature add-on we will offer Java classes which you can embed into Java applet for the browser, but the main signing code would have to reside on the server. The client will only get the hash to sign and the rest of operations must be performed on the server side. If this is an option, - we plan to have this distributed signature add-on available within 2 months.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/11/2010 03:19:27

Thanks, a lot.

If we come with solution I'll update this topic.

Best regards,
Dimitar Ivanov
Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2347 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!