EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH SFTP Session not closing on server

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 03/04/2010 02:59:07
by Frank Munsberg (Standard support level)

We're having some trouble with SSH Sessions staying open on our SFTP Server for some months now. I've built some program that downloads or uploads stuff from the server from different machines at timed intervals.
Those programs use SBB 7.2.163 currently, as 7.2.167 seemed to give us more problems.

In the log of our WS_FTP 7.1 all stuff done by these SBB clients seems to be commands like SSH_FXP_<something>. Today there were sessions still open with SSH_FXP_REMOVE, SSH_FXP_OPEN, SSH_FXP_CLOSE and one with SSH_FXP_READDIR as the last command issued by the client.
What I'm trying to find out is, why do these sessions stay open indefinitely?

The clients always close their connection via SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.Close(false); in case of success or any screwups during the transfers so there shouldn't be any connections hanging.

I'm open for any suggestions, the only thing that's almost impossible is to replace all of these clients just for testing some debug version.
Posted: 03/04/2010 03:28:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Moved to HelpDesk for investigation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1078 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!