EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PGP file names in encrypted file?

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 08/31/2006 09:38:15
by George Freeman (Basic support level)

I'm encrypting a file secure black box and c#.net
using file streams and the following line of code.
pgpWriter.Encrypt(inF, outF, 0);

Is secure black box pgp storing either or both of the following inside the pgp encrypted (target) file?
1)source file name
2)target file name

If so, is there a way to set either of these properties to some value other than the real file names?

Example: I encrypt xyz.tmp to abc.tmp then rename it to 123.csv. When the receiver decrypts it they get ?xyz.tmp? or ?abc.tmp? (I'm not sure since these are guid's randomly generated).

Would it make any difference to secure black box (ie how it stored the file names internally in the output) if the output was named abc.tmp.pgp or abc.pgp?

Posted: 08/31/2006 12:46:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

George Freeman wrote:
Is secure black box pgp storing either or both of the following inside the pgp encrypted (target) file?

None are stored. However, there's one thing that IS stored - the value of Filename property. This property is what you must set.

SecureBlackbox doesn't care about file names passed to EncryptFile() method.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 4667 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!