EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How can I reliably remove the PGP armor headers?

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 02/26/2010 18:22:58
by Mike Rohman (Priority Standard support level)

How can I reliably remove the PGP armor headers from an armored message? I'd like to strip off the header and footer off of the message so that I can prevent replays of the inner radix-encoded message without having to decrypt and verify the contents.

Is there a way that I can reliably remove these using Eldos SecureBlackbox? If not, do you know of a way to accomplish this outside of the library? It looks like there are some classes that deal with the headers and armor, but the documentation says to not instantiate those classes directly.
Posted: 02/27/2010 00:59:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I am not sure that I understand your goal. If you want to hide the fact, that certain data is OpenPGP packet, then you just remove the header and footer lines (they are predefined, so they can be easily stripped with your own code). But OpenPGP packet has a signature and specific format anyway, so it's trivial to detect it, and it doesn't matter if you strip the headers or not.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 1101 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!