EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Error 10058

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 02/25/2010 11:41:04
by Peter Viau (Standard support level)

I have one of our technician doing some testing of a sftp client and he is getting this message on sftp.open Connection loast error 10058.

The client and server is running fine in my lab

his client is Windows XP both real and VMWARE.
His server in Windows 2000 vm

I can't find that error in the documentation.
Posted: 02/25/2010 12:01:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Socket-related errors with codes 10000+XX are Winsock errors. You can do google search for "winsock error 10058" for detailed descriptions. Error 10058 happens when the data is attempted to be sent via the socket that has been shut down (this is an analog of Close, but when you call Close, the socket descriptor becomes invalid, and shutdown initiates TCP shutdown procedure, but the socket is not closed yet and the handle is valid).

To understand, what causes the problem we need the answers to ALL of the following questions:

1) what edition (.NET, ActiveX, VCL) and version number (can be checked in changes.txt file) you are using
2) how you deploy SecureBlackbox with your application (i.e. do you follow the installation procedure described in the help file in case of .Net or ActiveX edition)?
3) Does the client attempt to connect via SOCKS or WebTunneling proxy on the systems, where the problem is experienced?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/25/2010 12:02:45
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Error 10058 (WSAESHUTDOWN) is a Winsock error. There could be many reasons for it. Let's try to localize the issue by doing the following:
1) Turn off all the firewalls between the client and the server and check if it changes something.
2) Check if OnError, OnKeyValidate, OnAuthenticationFailed, OnAuthenticationSuccess events are fired.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2907 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!