EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSH communication

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 08/31/2006 04:07:26
by Josef Novak (Basic support level)

I am trying SSH communication between SSH server and SSH client. I am using demo examples which are attached to the library. Whatewer SSH client I am testing (there are more), I always get error 6 Packet composed incorrectly and connection is not established. If anybody knows the reason or how to solve this problem, I will be very grateful.

Thanks a lot,
Posted: 08/31/2006 04:12:58
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

When you ask for technical support, please try to describe the situation in details. "It does not work" is not something we can work with. To assist you in solving your problem we need to get the following information from you:

- information about our product that you are talking about. Please specify the name of the product, it's version, edition;
- information about your environment. This includes the name and version of the operating system, the name and version of the development tool that our product is used with. If our product is used in conjunction with some other software, please specify the name and version of that software too;
- steps to reproduce the problem. This can include small test project, screenshots (please don't send unpacked BMP and DOC files with images) test data files etc.

Please remember that the more informative is your report, the faster we will be able to help you perform your task.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/31/2006 04:33:07

I am using secbbox I am testing on Win XP Pro v2002 SP2, on one desktop machine. I am trying communication between .NET 2003 example "Simple SSH Demo" and "SSHServer" as localhost. On client I get following log items:
Connectiong to localhost...
SSH error 6
SSH connection closed
SSH connection failed.

On server I get:
Starting SSH server listener...
SSh server listener started
ServerListener.Listen : New connection available
Connetion Accepted. Active connections 1 from 20
SSH connection started
Posted: 08/31/2006 04:44:20
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please install the latest version of SecureBlackbox ( 4.4.94). 4.3 is a bit outdated.

Also, you need to setup the server when running it -- create users, setup server key etc..

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/31/2006 05:14:32

Thx a lot. I have updated the library to The behaviour seems to be almost the same except one line from the client log is missing (SSH connection closed
). Attached is imporatnt screenshots.

[ Download ]
Posted: 08/31/2006 05:19:38
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Have you generated a keypair for your SSH server? Keypair is absolutely necessary for the server to be able to establish secure connections.
Posted: 08/31/2006 06:15:11

Thanks a lot !! Working now :)
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Topic viewed 3454 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!