EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElDTLSServer / TElSecureServer

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 02/13/2010 05:07:26
by neil young (Standard support level)

This is probably a stupid question.
I need to support both TLS and DTLS in one application, client and server. In order to add some references to the background sockets I have do inherit my class from TElDTLSServer / TElSecureServer and add some extra functionality.

C# doesn't support multiple inheritance, so I have to have two classes, one for TLS and another for DTLS. This in turn requires some branching in order to find the right cast in various situations and all that mess.

Now I'm wondering: TElDTLSServer is a descendant of TElSecureServer. If I could derive my class from TElDTLSServer only, I would have "plain" TElDTLSServer by default. Is it possible to use a TElDTLSServer descendant in a TCP connection in order to achieve TLS protocol behavior? Or is there any switch to set in order to fall back to TLS?

Posted: 02/14/2010 10:21:27
by neil young (Standard support level)

Self answer: Although TElDTLSServer inherits from TElSecureServer, it seems to be impossible to use TElDTLSServer in a TCP connection context. That's sad.

Topic viewed 695 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!