EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Posting large files

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 02/12/2010 15:48:19
by Helder Mata (Basic support level)

Hello there,

I am using the version 6 of SecureBlackbox.FTPS (ActiveX edition) to post files to a remote FTP site. I am able to send small, even fairly large files like 1.8GB.

However, there seems to be a 2GB-threshold of sort: I am not able to transmit a 2.2GB, or larger, file.

The component itself returns no error, but a 0-byte file is posted. However the Windows' Application EventLog features the following error:

Failed auto update retrieval of third-party root list sequence number from: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootseq.txt> with error: This network connection does not exist.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Posted: 02/13/2010 02:58:58
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The problem did exist in some of previous versions (mainly due to limitations of ActiveX architecture which doesn't have 64-bit types), and was fixed not long ago (probably in version 7 of SecureBlackbox). If you have a production license, please assign the license ticket to your user account, this will let us give you upgrade information and provide you further support. If you have an evaluation version, please drop it and use version 7.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 02/17/2010 12:46:56
by Helder Mata (Basic support level)

Many thanks, Eugene.

I'll discuss all available options with other people involved prior to proceeding with what you have suggested.

Topic viewed 998 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!