EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Correct way of installing multiple boxes?

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 02/09/2010 16:01:05
by Roland . (Basic support level)

At this moment we have purchased PKI blackbox as well as XML and SSL client edition boxes. And we are using Delphi VCL editions.
Installing one package isn't really hard, you can follow the readme.html and it works.
But now we have three boxes, all containing a Sources dir and a Packages dir. When adding them all to the library path's etc, Delphi refuses to find a file like SBUtils. That's because it will find three of them I think, and it then won't choose the first one it sees, it won't choose at all.
I merged the Sources directories to one big one, as well as the packages directories. I got it working, but now I have to do it again and it won't work.
I would normally report my errors but they vary from "Unable to install package... " to "Can't find entrypoint ..... " and other errors.

I was wondering if there was some sort of standard way / strategy to install multiple packages?

Thanks in advance.
Posted: 02/10/2010 00:44:43
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

If you are installing the source code, just install all packages to the same folder. All installations are built from the same source code, so there will be no conflicts. This is how it was meant to be.

Also, as you have purchased a license, please assign the license ticket to your user account (the procedure is described in the registration e-mail). This will let us recognize you as a registered user and provide Standard support.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 614 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!