EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Cannot find sbsimftp.pas

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 01/18/2010 10:18:13
by Clinton Brits (Basic support level)

I just finished installing secure black box for delphi 4 on winxp and i was looking into how to create an ftps client. When i compiled the application, my test server on local host states connection made but that it received an unknown command. The ftp client then raises an exception stating that it cannot find sbsimpleftp.pas. I initially thought it might be that it just needed a library path to the file but when i searched the drive for this file, it could not be found? On further inspection, i noticed that there were no .pas files in the units folder either.

Can you please provide with some assistance into locating this file.

Thanks in advance
Clinton
Posted: 01/18/2010 10:37:22
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

It's not FTP client that " raises an exception stating that it cannot find sbsimpleftp.pas". It's IDE which attempts to locate the source file to show you the line in the source code which raised the exception. You should ignore this message and you'll get more meaningful error message then, saying what the exception was about.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/19/2010 08:37:59

Greetings.

I've now been able to get an error message from the secureblack box client and it says that ssl version may not be supported by my server. I changed my server to using filezilla ftp server because it gives a bit more details from it's end and the reason i receive an unknown command is because the command received appears to be encrypted and it looks like a random set of characters. To test this i setup filezilla ftp client as well as winscp and i established explicit ssl connections on port 21 and implicit on 990. My server has a self signed certificate and options for the use of ftp over ssl/tsl have been enabled.

The settings i'm using on the sample applications are the same as the other two ftp clients with ssl enabled, username,password and ssl v2+v3 is enabled as well as tsl1. I did not supply a certificate file nor a password for the certificate file as this is not required by other applications and i'm note sure if it is mandatory.

If you can provide any assistance i'd really appreciate it as it is difficult to explore capabilities unless i can get a basic version that i can modify.

Thanks in advance
Clinton
Posted: 01/19/2010 09:57:40

Thank you for description.
Can you please specify the exact error code?

In general it seems that you are trying to connect to port 21 using implicit mode. Please re-check that in the sample you are using Explicit mode and connect to port 21.

Next, by default the sample has SSL/TLS disabled. You need to enable SSL/TLS.

Also it can be (very possible reason) that the server is confused by TLS 1.1 and 1.2. Please disable them before connecting. Leave just TLS 1.0 enabled.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/19/2010 12:04:20

I've checked the use ssl checkbox and i've made sure the tsl 1.1 and 1.2 are off with ssl 2,3 and tsl 1.0 is one. The port is definatelay 21 and the error produced by the application is as follows.

Status window
<<<220-Filezilla server version 0.9.34 beta
220-written by tim kosse (tim.kosse@gmx.de)
220-Please visit http://sourceforge.net/project/filezilla/

>>>Auth SSL
<<<234 using authentication type SSL

*Error window*

19:45:36 Connecting to localhost:21
19:45:40 Connected

19:45:41 Fatal local error 75784
19:45:41 If you are getting error 75778, this can mean that the remote server doesn't support SSL/TLS version

19:45:41 Error occured while enabling SSL/TLS on command channel
Posted: 01/19/2010 12:35:43

... And you didn't check documentation for what the error code means. And it means that the certificate presented by your test server is not valid. Obviously it's not if you generated it yourself for test purposes. If you trust the certificate, you can add it to Windows Trusted Certificates list, or in the simplest case you can change OnCertificateValidate event handler in the sample to always accept the certificates. This makes whole security void (and your solution insecure) but if it's ok for you, then you can just set Validate parameter to true.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 01/21/2010 11:25:42

I am humbled.

Thankyou, i got a working program as a starting point. I did read the error but i though i was solving the problem by adjusting properties on the certificate validator but after i got it going, i figured out that this has nothing to do with the server certificate. Shouldn't have any more probs.

Thanks
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2270 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!