EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 01/08/2010 13:23:37
by Marcelo Danelon (Standard support level)

I'm can not figure out by sample codes how to define the homedir to each user in a SFTP server app. As far I undestood (using sample delphi\sftpblackbox\server\sshsftpsocketserver), the user file is managed reading/writing a file with users info (name,pass,etc). I tried to add description and homedir to this file (for each user), with little success (is this a closed structure ?).
I'm guessing that I need to change save/load routines to add this fields, and the treatment to user list box.
Any, if so, how is it possible to manage this in each conection ? The goal of all of this is that each user can see only your own path, isolating access from others using a directory tree.
Thanks for any help.
Posted: 01/08/2010 14:08:15
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SFTP server component doesn't deal with user home directories. It's your code (or, in case of the sample, - sample's code) which handles file reads and writes. So it's you who decide where to take the files from and where to save them to. And you have full power to control access to various files. Please review the source code of the sample.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 744 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!