EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Missing Message in SBSftpCommon.EElSFTPError exception

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 12/15/2009 23:09:21
by Greg  (Standard support level)

Hi,

I got an SBSftpCommon.EElSFTPError exception with a blank message, ErrorCode 2

I finally figured out that I goofed up the filename on the remote site, but having the error message missing added some to the resolution time.

I have taken your Console example and am playing around with it and ran into this problem.

The line of code is:
Code
Client.DownloadFile("changes.txt", "C:\xxxx\changes.txt", TSBSFTPFileTransferMode.ftmOverwrite)

and I got this:
Code
Ex      {""}   SBSftpCommon.EElSFTPError
ErrorCode   2   Integer
HelpLink   Nothing   String
InnerException   Nothing   System.Exception
Message      ""   String
Source      "SecureBlackbox.SFTP"   String
StackTrace   "   at SBSftp.TElSftpClient.OpenFileSync(String Filename, Int32 Modes, TElSftpFileAttributes Attributes)    
                    at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.OpenFile(String Filename, Int32 Modes, TElSftpFileAttributes Attributes)    
                    at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.DownloadStream(String RemoteFileName, Stream LocalStream, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode, Int64 RestartFrom)    
                    at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.DownloadFile(String RemoteFileName, String LocalFileName, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode, Int64 RestartFrom)    
                    at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.DownloadFile(String RemoteFileName, String LocalFileName, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode)    
                    at ConsoleSftp.ConsoleSftpClient.Test() in C:\xxxx\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Eldos ConsoleSftp\Main.vb:line 253

I had forgotten to prefix the filename with the subdirectory on the remote server

-greg
Posted: 12/15/2009 23:24:59
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The message is actually taken from the error packet sent by the server. Empty error message just means that the server has sent no comments regarding the error.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1451 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!