EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Unable to create SimpleSSHClient object.

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 08/21/2006 09:32:16
by Bill Armstrong (Basic support level)

I've been able to create a simple console application that uses the SimpleSSHClient object without any problems. I'm now trying to integrate it into my application, and I am experiencing problems.

Specifically I am unable to create a SimpleSSHObject. When I call CreateInstance to create the object, a Message Box appears with the title "DAX Error". The message says "Interface not supported. Here is the code that I'm using:

IElSBLicenseManagerXPtr pLicenseManager;
IElSimpleSSHClientX2Ptr pSimpleClient2;
TESTHR(pLicenseManager.CreateInstance(BaseBBox::CLSID_ElSBLicenseManagerX));
pLicenseManager->SetLicenseKey(L"...");
TESTHR(pSimpleClient2.CreateInstance(CLSID_ElSimpleSSHClientX));

The LicenseManager object is created without any problems. I've also discovered that I can create a non-simple SSHClient object without any errors as well.

If I can't find a solution I will try using a SSHClient object instead of a SimpleSSHClient object. Obviously I would prefer to use the SimpleSSHClient class because it is 'simpler'. I'm also concerned that if I switch to the SSHClient class I will only run into the same problem later on.

To give you a little context, our application is an MMC snap-in written in Delphi. The module that I am working on is a C++ Com object called from the Delphi code. The code above is executed from a separate worker thread kicked off by my COM object.

Any ideas?
Posted: 08/21/2006 09:40:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please download and try SecureBlackbox 5.0 beta. It should solve your problem -- we fixed similar issue recently and you seem to have come across the same problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/21/2006 14:10:20
by Bill Armstrong (Basic support level)

Thank you,

That did indeed fix the problem. Any idea when version 5.0 will be released?
Posted: 08/21/2006 14:16:29
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Planned for late september.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3144 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!