EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

CElSimpleSSHClientX exceptions

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 08/17/2006 18:21:55
by Mike Scriven (Standard support level)

Would it be possible to set the m_wCode member of the COleDispatchException class when an exception is thrown? I would like to check the error code without having to extract it from the error description.

e.g. m_strDescription = "SSH connection failed due to error (114)", but m_wCode = 0. I would like m_wCode to be set to 114.

Thanks.
Posted: 08/18/2006 01:21:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

There exists OnError event which provides the error code. We can't setup any C wrapper error codes from the ActiveX control. And returning a custom error code (besides E_FAIL) causes problems in some scripting environments.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/18/2006 06:17:22
by Mike Scriven (Standard support level)

Yes I'm handling OnError event, but I'm also trapping the exception handler and want to avoid issuing the same error message twice. Example of my code:

try
{
// opening connection (this is synchronous!)
m_SSHActiveX.Open();
}
}
catch(COleDispatchException* e)
{
CString str;
switch (e->m_wCode)
{
case ERROR_SSH_HOST_KEY_NOT_VERIFIABLE:
case ERROR_SSH_NO_MORE_AUTH_METHODS_AVAILABLE:
// Message already issued!
break;
default:
str.Format(_T("Connection failed - %s"), e->m_strDescription);
AfxMessageBox(str);
break;
}
e->Delete();
}

This doesn't work because m_wCode is always zero. Presumably you're using AfxThrowOleDispatchException to throw the exception so could you set the error code in that call?

Thanks.
Posted: 08/18/2006 09:37:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The control is written in Delphi, and there's nothing common to ATL there. As I mentioned above, we can't use custom error codes, other than E_FAIL.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 4583 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!