EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How do I log the exact SFTP commands SBB is sending.

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 11/18/2009 04:22:42
by Tom Marshall (Basic support level)

Hi,

I am encountering problems connecting to one of my clients SFTP servers, as outlined in this thread: https://www.eldos.com/forum/read.php?FID=7&TID=210

As specified earlier, This connection works with a number of other clients: PSFTP, FileZilla and OpenSSH.

In order to attempt to replicate the process my secureBlackbox server is using, I would like to log the exact SFTP commands being executed by the secureBlackbox component. i.e OPEN, PWD, PUT ...

Are there any methods available to access/record these commands, or could you recommend an approach to do this?

Many Thanks,
Tom

P.S. Apologies if this answer is elsewhere on the site already, I did search but with no luck.
Posted: 11/18/2009 04:30:04
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No, there's no way to do this, and this won't help you anyway. Did you try version 7 of SecureBlackbox with that server?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/18/2009 12:26:46

OK, I have compiled my client with SBB v7, but is now throws exception '6' when I attempt the following command:

Code
FClient.Open;

This used to work with v5. The only code change I have made is to add a FClient.OnKeyValidate event to confom to the latest version. For testing, this always sets the validity to True:

Code
procedure TSFTPHandler.KeyValidate(Sender: TObject;
  ServerKey: TElSSHKey; var Validate: Boolean);
begin
    Validate := True;
end;

Are there any common problems encountered when upgrading to v7 that I may be able to check for?

Many Thanks,
Tom
Posted: 11/18/2009 13:27:46

Error 6 (invalid SSH packet) means that the server didn't understand some packet sent by the client. Assuming that SecureBlackbox is standard-compliant and it's packages are correct, this means that it's some parameter set which prevents the server from functioning properly.

Please follow the instructions in this article. The steps in this article are the same that we do one by one here, when the client himself doesn't do them. In other words, if you don't follow these steps yourself, we will ask the same questions discussed in the article one by one.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/19/2009 10:22:40

I have followed the steps in the recommended article.

When I disable compression, I get error 7, which is apparently 'ERROR_SSH_UNSUPPORTED_CIPHER'.

I am disabling compression as such:
Code
  FCLient.CompressionAlgorithms[0]  := False;
  FCLient.CompressionAlgorithms[1]  := False;
  FCLient.CompressionAlgorithms[2]  := False;

Apart from that, I have replicated all of the client paramters from the sample SFTP client (which works), but I still get error code 6.

Are there any more steps I could try?

Many Thanks,
Tom
Posted: 11/19/2009 11:16:51

Actually you have disabled the "no compression" mode as well. If memory serves (I am writing from the notebook) index 0 stands for no compression.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/19/2009 11:30:26

You are correct, 0 is 'SSH_CA_NONE', which is no compression.

However, when this is set to 'True' (As it should be), I am still getting error code 6...
Posted: 11/19/2009 11:45:44

And you say that the sample does work, with this server, right? If yes, then you need to find the difference in setup between the server and your code. That's all I can suggest in this particular way. Only properties of the component can affect possibility to connect in this particular case.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1904 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!