EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElIdFTPIOHandlerSocket is missing for Indy10

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 11/05/2009 18:26:51
by Mike Mravinec (Standard support level)

Hello,

We are just upgrading from D7 to D2010, and consequently from Indy9 to Indy 10. Most things are not a problem, but I'm not sure how to get our FTPS implementation working because there is no TElIdFTPIOHandlerSocket component for Indy10. Will this component be upgraded, or is there another way to implement the FTPS protocol?

Thanks,

Mike Mravinec
Kroll Computer Systems
Posted: 11/06/2009 01:15:04
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Indy developers have reworked the architecture of their components in the 10th version of the library, so no separate TElIdFTPIOHandlerSocket class is needed anymore. Please use the TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket component along with TIdFTP class to make it SSL-capable.
Posted: 11/06/2009 12:13:31

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I'm trying to use the new TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket, but I'm have a couple of questions:
- The top of the SBIndyIOHandler10 unit says to uncomment a define if I'm using Indy 10.1.1 or higher. If I do that, the unit does not compile due to code releated to the INDY_RECVENC define. The Delphi 2010 documentation in the Delphi help says that it is 10.1.1. Is there another way to determine what version of Indy is provided with Delphi 2010?
- if I comment out the define and uncomment the 10.2.3 define, the unit compiles, but I am getting errors saying that the properties SSLMode and UseSSL are not defined. Are newer properties that should be set instead of these, or can I just ignore those properties.

Thanks,
Mike Mravinec
Kroll Computer Systems Inc.
Posted: 11/06/2009 12:18:19
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox 7.2 (it's pre-release but you can safely use it) should contain the code adjusted for Delphi 2010 Indy.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/09/2009 19:18:50

I tried the new version and I am still having a problem.

- as mentioned in my last post, TElClientIndySSLIOHandlerSocket still does not support the SSLMode and UseSSL properties. Are newer properties that should be set instead of these, or can I just ignore those properties.

Thanks,
Mike
Posted: 11/10/2009 00:27:11
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

There is no need in neither of these properties in Indy 10, as TIdFTP component now exposes its own UseTLS property.
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1321 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!