EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 10/30/2009 07:43:54
by Peter Viau (Standard support level)

We are testing the sftp component and I'm looking for some sample code in C# that will allow me to comunicate with a server application that will used for licensing.

I need to send identification information such as userd id to the server, the server will check to see what rights this user has and then check to see how many users are logged in and make sure there are enough licenses available.

All I need is how to connect via ElSocket to the server, send information, receive a confirmation message from the server.

On the server side I need to listen for incoming connections, read any messages and send a message back to the user.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this with the ElSocket component?
Posted: 10/30/2009 08:04:12
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Do you plan to do what you need via SFTP or you just need plain socket operations?

If you need only sockets, then this is a bit aside off topic here because you can find plenty of resources related to socket programming in general, and ElSocket is a low-level wrapper around .NET socket class.

Also, if you need to create both client and server, this is not that trivial (in case of server you would need to do multithreaded or pool programming to handle several requests at once).

I recommend that you take a look at our MsgConnect product for your task. It's inexpensive and fits your needs perfectly.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 714 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!