EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

waiting times in trial version of the PGPBlackBox

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 08/16/2006 04:26:35
by elmar dietz (Basic support level)

Hi Eldos team,
I want to replace a encryption/decryption modul we are using in our company by your PGPBlackBox. For this reason I loaded your trial-version of the PGPBlackBox. Now I made a test with encryption and decryption of files. I messured a time lower than 1 second for decryption. But encryption needs approx. 11 sec. Do you have a waiting time in the encryption method PGPWriter.EncryptAndSign() ? If yes, can you say me how long an encryption needs with a full license of the PGPBlackBox?
Thanks, elton
Posted: 08/16/2006 04:50:57
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, as the nag screen informed you, there are time delays (they are random, but quite significant) in various functions. The delays are removed when you purchase a license.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you exactly what time is necessary to perform this or that operation.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/10/2016 03:24:39
by Marek Otulakowski (Basic support level)

We are testing your XMLBlackbox and we discovered that some methods take too much time for out needs (signing small XML, sized under 1kB takes 3 seconds). We understand that this is a feature of the trial version.
Is a refund possible if the full version would be too slow for our needs?

Best regards.
Marek Otulakowski
Posted: 05/10/2016 04:39:30
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Marek,

Thank you for contacting us.

On the one hand, delay-based evaluation limitations were removed from the product some time ago. In the current version the evaluation limits are operations-based (you can't exceed a certain number of component calls per one process), and not delay-based.

On the other hand, 3 seconds per one signing operation is definitely a fair bit longer than normal. Could you please specify the edition and the exact platform you are using the product on?

We don't offer refunds, but we can give you a time-limited fully functional license key so that you could evaluate the real speed of the product. Please request your key here.

Posted: 05/10/2016 08:15:24
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Marek, if you are using XAdES, for example, and it collects revocation information, then 3 seconds is pretty much possible value. Signing speed is much faster and should be done in a fraction of second. Also if you use the signing certificate on the hardware device (such as a token or a smartcard), then those devices are very slow, and 3 seconds is a normal speed for this device.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Topic viewed 4256 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!