EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElSimpleSFTPClient & "No such file"

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 10/06/2009 08:02:48
by Nigel Jewell (Basic support level)

Hi all,

I am trialling the SecureBlackbox SFTP components and I've hit a snag. If I try to upload a file to my local OpenSSH SFTP server it works fine, but when I try to upload the same file to a third-parties server I get the error "No such file". Any ideas on where to start in order to resolve this? The remote SFTP server is: SSH-2.0-1.82 sshlib: sshlibSrSshServer 1.00.

Regards,
Nige.

SBSftpCommon.EElSFTPError: No such file.
at SBSftp.TElSftpClient.OpenFileSync(String Filename, Int32 Modes, TElSftpFileAttributes Attributes)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.OpenFile(String Filename, Int32 Modes, TElSftpFileAttributes Attributes)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadStream(Stream LocalStream, String RemoteFileName, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode, Int64 RestartFrom)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode, Int64 RestartFrom)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName)
Posted: 10/06/2009 08:15:01
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Can you please check if the same issue occurs with the sample application (SimpleSFTPDemo)?
Posted: 10/06/2009 08:27:46
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

First of all ensure that you pass the absolute path to file in RemoteFileName, and that this path exists on the server. Wrong path is the most likely reason of the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/06/2009 08:41:40
by Nigel Jewell (Basic support level)

Thanks for your responses. It appears that there was an SFTP version mismatch. Adding the following has resolved the problem.

Code
sftpClient.Versions = SBSftpCommon.__Global.sbSFTP3;

Kind Regards,
Nige.
Posted: 03/08/2010 18:01:48
by bsa Ambekar (Basic support level)

I am getting similar error for uploading file to the ftp site using SSH as below

SBSftpCommon.EElSFTPError: No such file
at SBSftp.TElSftpClient.CreateFileSync(String Filename)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.CreateFile(String Filename)
at sFtp.sFtpClient.SendFile(String fileToSend)

Could some one please guide me how to resolve it?

Thanks
bsa
Posted: 03/08/2010 22:54:04
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Does the UploadFile() (or UploadStream() if you are dealing with streams) method work as expected?
Posted: 03/09/2010 11:21:44

I tried using both methods:UploadStream, UploadFile and getting following errors

Error using UploadStream():

at SBSftp.TElSftpClient.OpenFileSync(String Filename, Int32 Modes, TElSftpFileAttributes Attributes)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.OpenFile(String Filename, Int32 Modes, TElSftpFileAttributes Attributes)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadStream(Stream LocalStream, String RemoteFileName, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode)

Error using UploadFile ():

at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadStream(Stream LocalStream, String RemoteFileName, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode)
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.UploadFile(String LocalFileName, String RemoteFileName, TSBSFTPFileTransferMode Mode)

Thanks
bsa
Posted: 03/09/2010 11:51:32

I am able to Connect and upload files with FileZilla.

Also I tried with SimpleSFTPDemo and Client (available in Samples for ELDOS) and getting following errors:

Error with SimpleSFTPDemo

SBSimpleSftp.EElSimpleSFTPClientException: Connection failed
at SBSimpleSftp.TElSimpleSFTPClient.Open()
at SimpleSftpDemo.frmMain.Connect() in C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.NET\Samples\VB.NET\SFTPBlackbox\SimpleSFTPDemo\Form1.vb:line 421

Error with Client

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The requested name is valid and was found in the database, but it does not have the correct associated data being resolved for
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName(String hostName)
at System.Net.Dns.Resolve(String hostName)
at Client.frmMain.cmdConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs

Thanks,
bsa
Posted: 03/09/2010 12:25:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

With the samples it looks like you are providing wrong information in the destination address.

As for your code - please show us the exact value of LocalFileName and RemoteFileName parameters that you pass to UploadStream method.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/09/2010 13:11:22

Here is how I am using UploadStream

stream = new System.IO.FileStream( fileToSend, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.Read );
shortName = System.IO.Path.GetFileName( fileToSend );
m_client.UploadStream(stream, shortName,0);

Where:
LocalFileName (fileToSend): @"c:\Test-7.txt"
RemoteFileName (shortName): "Test-7.txt"

Thanks
bsa
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 7606 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!