EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

ERROR_SSH_INVALID_VERSION

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 10/23/2009 13:48:18
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Mike Scriven wrote:
I know I can send it since the socket is open (I'm using my own socket)

This is a wrong assumption for the reason I explained above.

Mike Scriven wrote:
This interface appears to send my data even though it is also doing some kind of SSH negotiation (probably a key-reexchange). Is that acceptable in the SSH protocol?

SecureBlackbox version 5 that you use doesn't support key renegotiation. So it can't be doing anything like that when you send the data.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/23/2009 13:54:54
by Mike Scriven (Standard support level)

Okay maybe it's not doing key re-exchange but it's doing something. I have proof of that, I have a trace. Would you like to see it?
Posted: 10/23/2009 14:04:23

The SSH exchange is being initiated by the server, not my app. If SBB version 5 doesn't support key re-exchange what does it do if it receives such a request from the server?
Posted: 10/23/2009 14:04:27

JFYI: after 2 hours of inactivity TCP keep-alive packet is sent by TCP/IP stack to check the state of connection.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/23/2009 14:06:13

OR maybe it's the server that initiates rekeying.

In any case it makes little sense to discuss behavior of the old version of the component, which doesn't support rekeying. If you moved to version 7, which is the most recent version, it's possible that the problem would disappear automatically. Or we would be able to narrow it down a bit (by excluding or confirming that rekeying takes place).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/23/2009 14:15:01

I'm really against upgrading since it may destabilize my product. Looks like you've got me by the balls though!

Regards
Mike Scriven
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 8882 times

Number of guests: 3, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!