EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SimpleSFTPClient from multiple Threads

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 09/07/2009 09:13:02
by Frank Munsberg (Standard support level)

I was trying to rig a little stress-test scenario with multiple Instances of the TElSimpleSFTPClient. When I try to run it with 2 BackGroundWorkers, each one having its own instance of the TElSimpleSFTPClient class, the first one connects and the second one always throws

Wrong socket state 4 in AsyncConnect (error code is 96258)

Originally I wanted to test some more of those dreaded WS_FTP Server crashes which have somehow returned but this one is sort of keeping me from testing.

Oh yes, Version of SBB is 7.1.0.160

Regards
Frank
Posted: 09/07/2009 09:40:36
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Are you trying to connect to the same server from multiple clients? Then the behaviour you see can be server-side protection from DoS attacks to the server. Try connecting a minute or so later, or try connecting to other server from the different thread, and you'll see the difference.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/08/2009 05:56:02
by Frank Munsberg (Standard support level)

It seems you were right with the Dos or flood protection. I've now raised the delay of connects to 5sec and things seem to be working so far. Be it the server or my OS, I can't say for sure but it did the trick.

Thanks

Statistics

Topic viewed 2919 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!