EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Set authentication properties

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 08/19/2009 10:20:51
by Joe Pettit (Standard support level)

Using SimplesftpClient and trying to determine what to set the authentication type to. Right now if use the "simplesftdemo" app and I try and connect to the vsftpd server I specify a user name and password and hit OK I then get a prompt asking for a "password" the caption on the prompt dialog says "keyboard authentication". In the documentation I see the different types of authentication types - hostbased, keyboard , and so on. What determines what I set this to? Is the owner of the vsftpd server supposed to determine this?

Thanks, Joe
Posted: 08/19/2009 10:32:13
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PASSWORD | SSH_AUTH_TYPE_KEYBOARD would be enough for absolutely most cases of password-based authentication. Add SSH_AUTH_TYPE_PUBLICKEY if you need to authenticate with a private key instead of a password.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1058 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!