EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Timestamping

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 08/19/2009 09:42:51
by voilbak (Basic support level)

1) what is the difference between ElHTTPTSPClient and TElHTTPTSPClient.

2) I don't find the RequestParams.Username and RequestParams.Password properties for TElHTTPSClient.

It's also not mentionned in [URL=http://www.eldos.com/documentation/sbb/documentation/ref_cl_httptspclient.html]this help file[/URL]:

3 ) I call the ElMessageSigner.Sign method after setting the ElMessageSigner.TSPClient property, do i still need to explicitly call the ElMessageSigner.Timestamp method???
Posted: 08/19/2009 10:09:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for posting.

1. No difference - the class name starts with T* for historical reasons, and in documentation T prefix is omitted.

2. Username and Password

3. Timestamp() method is used to sign existing signatures. If TSPClient is set before creating a new one, it is used automatically - you just need to call Sign().

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/20/2009 02:40:08

regarding 2.

How are ElHTTPRequestParams.Username and ElHTTPRequestParams.Password related to TElHTTPTSPClient or ElMessageSigner.

in other words, how do i use the ElHTTPRequestParams object?
Posted: 08/20/2009 03:26:17

When TElHTTPTSPClient creates a TSP requests, it tells TElHTTPSClient to connect to given URL and send the request using the parameters set in TElHTTPSClient.RequestParameters (which is of type TElHTTPRequestParams).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/25/2009 04:47:50

I need to use the ElHTTPTSPClient again which implements timestamping protocol functionality over HTTP transport.
But this time i need to authenticate by using a certificate instead of providing a username and password. I have the certificate as a p12 file.

How can i authenticate using a certificate?
Posted: 11/25/2009 05:07:39

You need to handle OnCertificateNeededEx event. Please see various SSL samples which show use of client-side authentication using certificates in PFX files. HTTPS samples don't include client-side authentication.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2332 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!