EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Timestamping

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 08/19/2009 09:42:51
by voilbak (Basic support level)

1) what is the difference between ElHTTPTSPClient and TElHTTPTSPClient.

2) I don't find the RequestParams.Username and RequestParams.Password properties for TElHTTPSClient.

It's also not mentionned in [URL=http://www.eldos.com/documentation/sbb/documentation/ref_cl_httptspclient.html]this help file[/URL]:

3 ) I call the ElMessageSigner.Sign method after setting the ElMessageSigner.TSPClient property, do i still need to explicitly call the ElMessageSigner.Timestamp method???
Posted: 08/19/2009 10:09:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for posting.

1. No difference - the class name starts with T* for historical reasons, and in documentation T prefix is omitted.

2. Username and Password

3. Timestamp() method is used to sign existing signatures. If TSPClient is set before creating a new one, it is used automatically - you just need to call Sign().

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/20/2009 02:40:08

regarding 2.

How are ElHTTPRequestParams.Username and ElHTTPRequestParams.Password related to TElHTTPTSPClient or ElMessageSigner.

in other words, how do i use the ElHTTPRequestParams object?
Posted: 08/20/2009 03:26:17

When TElHTTPTSPClient creates a TSP requests, it tells TElHTTPSClient to connect to given URL and send the request using the parameters set in TElHTTPSClient.RequestParameters (which is of type TElHTTPRequestParams).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/25/2009 04:47:50

I need to use the ElHTTPTSPClient again which implements timestamping protocol functionality over HTTP transport.
But this time i need to authenticate by using a certificate instead of providing a username and password. I have the certificate as a p12 file.

How can i authenticate using a certificate?
Posted: 11/25/2009 05:07:39

You need to handle OnCertificateNeededEx event. Please see various SSL samples which show use of client-side authentication using certificates in PFX files. HTTPS samples don't include client-side authentication.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2281 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!