EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

MS Cert Store and exportable private key

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 08/02/2006 12:24:24
by rsm  (Basic support level)

I created a cert using SBB and imported it to MS Cert Store programatically. After import, the cert's private key is not exportable from MS Cert Store.

ElX509Certificate.PrivateKeyExtractable field tells if a cert's private key is exportable. Is it possible to set 'private key exportable' value for a cert created by SBB?

Thanks.
Posted: 08/02/2006 12:56:16
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Once the certificate is imported to MS Cert Store, you can't change it's "Exportable" status. All you can do is re-import the key.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/02/2006 14:04:30
by rsm  (Basic support level)

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I want to create a cert with private key exportable. cyrpto api allows that. I wonder if SBB allows that?

Thanks

Posted: 08/02/2006 14:58:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

SecureBlackbox is not related to CryptoAPI in any way. Once you create the certificate, you can do whatever you want with it's private key.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/03/2006 01:42:04
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I guess I want to create a cert with private key exportable. cyrpto api allows that. I wonder if SBB allows that?

Please set the Exportable parameter of TElWinCertStorage.Add() method to true to make the imported private key exportable.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 3163 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!