EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Multiple connections via ELSimpleSFTPClient sometimes fail

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 07/28/2009 05:01:32
by Frank Munsberg (Standard support level)

I'm having some problems connecting to one SFTP Server multiple times fr om a single client machine.
The client machine is running a .net console application two times (2 separate processes). Each process is trying to connect to our SFTP server and tries to download some files fr om a folder, the two processes are accessing different folders on the server.

The first process just works, it connects and starts some long running transfer. Then at some point the second process is started. It connects and tries to start its transfer, then sometimes it receives an error with code 222 and aborts.

As this only happens sometimes its hard to reproduce, on my test setup I've had that error happen one time out of 10, on a production setup it happened more often. If that error doesn't happen, the transfers work normally.

I'm using the following:
SBB 7.0.156
Program compiled for .Net 3.5 SP1
WS_FTP Server 6.11

Can someone give me any clues what to try or where to look?

Greetings
Frank
Posted: 07/28/2009 05:37:21
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The SFTP subsystem is not opened for some reason. This is the only case when error 222 is reported. As the client processes are separated and there are no system-wide objects which would influence the second process from the first process, there can be nothing on the client side to cause this problem.

I think you need to report this to the server developer. WS_FTP causes us many troubles of different kinds - despite being popular software it contains a number of bugs and incompatibilities with the standard.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 685 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!