EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSHServer echo

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 06/11/2009 20:07:43
by Sol Posenjak (Standard support level)

Been playing around with the SecureBlackBox .net SSHServer for a bit, looks pretty cool.
Been trying to rig up a console cloned version of the example they have, but I can't seem to figure out how to get an echo response after each character from an ssh client like putty. Even in the example seems to be only after the carriage return.
Anyone have any examples or a tweak on the example I could take a look at?

Posted: 06/12/2009 00:48:28
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Shell handler class (TElShellSSHSubsystemHandler) is shipped more as an example of server-side shell connection handling rather than a ready-to-use component for real-world environments. It is quite simple and unfeatured; in particular, it does not support immediate echoing.

We actually do have plans of extending the functionality of the server handler components, but there are no exact time estimations at the moment. Sorry.
Posted: 11/24/2010 10:58:37
by Jon Williams (Standard support level)

I have been doing testing using the SSHServerDemo with an OpenSSH 4.3 client. I've noticed the same issue as above, where the server does not respond to the client until the carriage return is entered. I'm currious if the "plans" mentioned above have happened.

Either way what is the best way to modify the demo so that the server echos a response after each character is typed?

Jon Williams
Posted: 11/25/2010 03:59:48
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The best way is to implement shell subsystem handler yourself according to your needs and planned use. Existing handler is too limited in architecture to extend it properly.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1254 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!