EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTPClient X SimpleSFTP Client

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 07/26/2006 10:28:18
by Lisandro Rueckert (Basic support level)

I try to upload a file with up to 20k to a SuseLinux server running openSSH 4.1, using both the simpleSFTP demo and SFTPdemo.
With simpleSFTPDemo I got "error 2" message on log before both the socket and sftp component were disconected.
With SFTPdemo the file was uploaded OK.
The error occurrs at the 2nd iteration on "write loop" of the MainForm.upload method, and the file remain with 0 bytes on server.
After this error, the demo try to close the remote file and got a SFTP Not connected error.
The server is after a sito-to-site VPN. We try to upload with anothers sftp clients with success. The simpleSFTP works with a server on our LAN running openSSH3.8
I need that the simpleSFTP works on this situation because our application was based on it code.

Posted: 07/26/2006 10:41:13
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

It seems that the version of SecureBlackbox you are using is a bit old. Please consider downloading and installing the latest build update. Besides fixes and improvements, it contains updated sample applications which use recently introduced UploadFile() and DownloadFile() methods.
Posted: 07/26/2006 13:22:56
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

I would say that the buffer-size-related settings are server-specific, and it is pretty much possible that certain settings won't work with some particular server. You can try to update the version of SecureBlackbox and IF (and only if) new version doesn't help, take the old sample (in new version the sample is be based on DownloadFile/UploadFile methods, and they will work anyway) and send it to us for additional testing. Our goal will then be to reproduce the issue in our conditions.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 07/27/2006 07:01:24
by Lisandro Rueckert (Basic support level)

We change the const SFTP_BLOCK_SIZE in simpleSFTPDEMO from 16384 to 500 and the it works.
Could this cause some problem ?

Posted: 07/27/2006 07:37:09
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

No, this just reduces speed.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Topic viewed 4122 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!