EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SSHServer hangs after authentication

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 05/27/2009 12:50:25
by Michael Philbrick (Standard support level)

I succesfully created an SFTP client application using the SimpleSFTPClient component. I can connect to external SFTP servers and everything works.

Now I am attempting to create a SFTP server application. I tried to connect the sample client applications (all of them) and my client application to the sample server app "SSHSFTPServerDemo.exe." Authentication is successful, the connection is established and the sftp subsystem is opened. At this point the client hangs and eventually times out.

I traced the code and it is in a message loop waiting for a response in function TElSftpClient.Open in SBsftp unit. Specifically, it is in the following loop: while FSyncRequestComplete <> FSyncRequest do. Apparently it is waiting for a message from the server and nothing is returned.

I am not sure what to do from here. Any suggestions?
Posted: 05/27/2009 13:04:02
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please ensure that you have turned on the "Allow SFTP subsystem" checkbox at the server settings dialog of the server sample.
Posted: 05/27/2009 13:05:14
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the report.

I am moving your request to HelpDesk for investigation. Our developer will try to reproduce the issue, and will reply then.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 05/27/2009 13:28:46
by Michael Philbrick (Standard support level)

Thank you, it works fine now.

A few comments:
As with many demos, it takes a while to understand how things work, and there never seems to be enough documentation. I spent several hours trying to figure out what was going on without really understanding what I was doing. It would be nice to have more explanations of the components (for example, why use SimpleSFTP versus SFTP and SSH, why synchronous only versus asynchronous, etc). I realize however that it is almost impossible to anticipate questions.

The reason why I spent several hours trying to figure this out on my own is that most vendors are slow to respond and generally do not understand my questions unless they are very specific. So, I try to figure it out myself and at least narrow down the issue.

Therefore, I was shocked when I got an immediate reply from both of you. This level of service is truly impressive and makes me much more comfortable with your products because I know that you are there to help me out. Thank you!!
Posted: 05/28/2009 02:22:35
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your kind words.

Actually, we maintain a relatively large SecureBlackbox knowledgebase on the site. It attempts to give answers for frequently occuring questions and provide some guidelines on component usage.

And, of course, feel free to contact support team via Forum or HelpDesk if any questions.
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1129 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!