EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Verifying XAdES and PKCS#7 timestamps

Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.
Posted: 05/19/2009 23:59:51
by Thanh Nguyen Trung (Priority Standard support level)

Hi,

I have a question:
For PDF document, as you said in the above post that the timestamps are validate automatically when the document is processed, it is ok. Could you please tell me steps to validate timestamps for XADES-T and PKCS7. (I know how to validate the certificates to signate the ts responses).

Thanks
Thanh
Posted: 05/20/2009 05:36:19

Hi,

Do I need to call a "complete function" for the method AddArchiveTimestamp of the TELXADESSigner. (to generate XADES-A)
I use this method, and the signed document is a binary file, not a xml file.

The TSPClient is ok, because it works well to generate XADES-T

Thanks
Thanh
Posted: 05/20/2009 06:44:18
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

To validate timestamps you should use ElXAdESVerifier.CheckTimestamp method.
For example:
XAdESVerifier.CheckTimestamp(XAdESVerifier.ArchiveTimestamps[0])

Do I need to call a "complete function" for the method AddArchiveTimestamp of the TELXADESSigner. (to generate XADES-A)

What do you mean by "complete function"? The second parameter? It is not necessary. It controls formatting of xml elements, if the AddArchiveTimestamp method called after TELXAdESSigner.Save method or from TELXAdESVerifier class.
Posted: 05/20/2009 09:30:21

Hi,

I copied and the XMLBlackbox\SimpleSigner examples with only one change that I replace "XAdESSigner.TSPClient = TSPClient" with "XAdESSigner.AddArchiveTimestamp(TSPClient)". The function works well in Windows Forma Application but I get an error while deploy it under a WCF service. The signed document from the WCF service is always in binary format, not a well-form xml document. if I keep the original code, I can generate signatures without any error.

Thanks
Thanh
Posted: 05/20/2009 16:49:15

but I get an error while deploy it under a WCF service

Exactly what error did you get?
The signed document from the WCF service is always in binary format, not a well-form xml document.

Please, post the sample document.
if I keep the original code, I can generate signatures without any error.

If the code:
XAdESSigner.AddSignatureTimestamp(TSPClient)
produce the same error?
Posted: 05/20/2009 19:43:32

Hi,

1. As I said I used your sample code XMLBlackbox\SimpleSigner with only one mirror change that the line of code "XAdESSigner.TSPClient = TSPClient" was replaced with "XAdESSigner.AddArchiveTimestamp(TSPClient)". My changes works well in windows form application (change directly in original sample).

2. I copied the source code with my change, put it in a library function, and deploy it in a WCF service. The output (signed document) was always a fie in binary format not a xml one. If I change back to replace "XAdESSigner.AddArchiveTimestamp(TSPClient) with "XAdESSigner.TSPClient = TSPClient", the function works well (under WCF service).

I nearly did no change in the original sample code, so I think it is not nessesary to put the source code here. I have not had chance to try "XAdESSigner.AddSignatureTimestamp(TSPClient)"

Best,
Thanh
Posted: 05/20/2009 19:59:58

if the code:
XAdESSigner.AddSignatureTimestamp(TSPClient)
produce the same error?

I've just tried XAdESSigner.AddSignatureTimestamp(TSPClient) and got the same error, a binary file is returned not a xml document.
Posted: 05/21/2009 07:19:40

I copied the source code with my change, put it in a library function, and deploy it in a WCF service. The output (signed document) was always a fie in binary format not a xml one.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this.
As I understand the "library function" incorporate a code for loading xml document, signing it and then saving it to a stream?
If the instance of TElXMLDOMDocument has a correct structure? For example check an OuterXML property of the XMLDocument.DocumentElement
Posted: 05/21/2009 13:44:42

Hi,

My fault, Thanks for your support!
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Statistics

Topic viewed 2480 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!