EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

MITM ssl proxy

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 07/25/2006 13:09:59
by Rahul Chandra (Basic support level)

Is there and easy way to create a MITM proxy for SSL cxns? I've tried the SSLSocketDemo client and server examples. If I take what arrives at the server and pipe it out through the client I can't get a https cxn to succeed.

I saw the post on this on 5/17/2006 but it didn't quite answer my questions. I realize this is an uncommon cxn type. But there are a few personal proxies like Charles, proxomitron: goal is to build/play with one like this using SBB.
Posted: 07/25/2006 13:57:55
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, it's pretty easy to make a thing similar to proxomitron. For me such proxy (I mean just a proxy, not main Proxomitron functionality) would take a day of work. If this answers your question ...

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/05/2006 11:09:16
by qbert qbert (Basic support level)

Is it possible to code one of these proxies in VB6 using the ActiveX version of SSLBlackbox. I'm a bit lost at the moment and some direction would be appreciated.

thanks
Posted: 09/05/2006 11:51:12

yes. it is possible. Did you manage to deal with the samples?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/06/2006 17:23:58

I had no problems with the client examples but I don't need these ! i could not get the SSLserver.vbp to 'listen'. I was not sure which certificate to load and when i tried one it needed a password which i did not have. the only password i could find in the documentation was 'password' but this was not accepted.
Posted: 09/07/2006 00:13:25

The server does need some certificate. You need to create some certificate, or, alternatively, you can use the sample certificate, included with SecureBlackbox. The certificate must include the private key. The file <SecureBlackbox>\Certificates\cert.pfx contains a private key and this is the file that should be loaded. The file does have a password "password". I don't know, what you loaded ...

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 09/07/2006 03:39:54

OK, i sorted out the certificate now. Tried to route traffic through the server within IE settings. Trys to connect but does not display the webpage properly so 'log' box does not complete all its reports
Posted: 09/07/2006 13:18:11

I am not sure that I understand you. Does your message contain questions? problem reports? Please try to be more descriptive. "It doesn't work" is not something that we can work with.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4037 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!