EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Adding certificates to Windows Certificate stores

Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.
Posted: 05/01/2009 16:44:21
by Graeme Cunningham (Standard support level)

I am using SecureBlackBox (version to add certificates to the current user's Windows certificate store. I am having issues with the ElWinCertStorage.Add method throwing an "EDuplicateCertError" when another certificate with the same name exists in the Local system's store.

I've seen a knowledge base article stating that the Add method ignores the StorageType and PhysicalStore properties, so I can't seem to stop SBB from checking against the contents of the System store as well. Is there any way of getting around this issue?

I saw a line in the release notes that stated the ElWinCertStorage.Add method had been fixed in a 5.x release. Would the newer versoins fix the problem I'm having?
Posted: 05/02/2009 00:00:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

This functionality was indeed implemented later, so upgrading will solve the problem. For upgrade details please contact us via HelpDesk

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 1172 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!