EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Adding empty signaturebox to a pdf doc

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 04/29/2009 06:53:05
by Olivier Wallemacq (Basic support level)

Is there a way to create different empty signature fields (one of them allowing mdp signatures) then save the document without signing it.
Right now I am able to do it (addsignature) but I have to sign the three signatures at once.

What I need to do is:
1) add 3 empty signature fields,
2) Certify the doc by signing in the mdp sig. field
3) save the document
4) in each empty sig. box open, sign and save doc, when corresponding user decide to sign using my application.

Posted: 04/29/2009 07:14:41
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Unfortunately, there's no support for creation of empty signature fields yet. However, the corresponding task is present in our to do list. We plan to make the corresponding functionality available in SBB 7.1 or (what is more likely) in SBB 7.2.
Posted: 04/29/2009 07:26:18

Thank you for your prompt answer.
Do you already have a timeframe for the release of 7.2 ?

Thanks again

Posted: 04/29/2009 07:57:51
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

A rough estimation for 7.2 is the end of the summer.
Posted: 04/29/2009 09:54:55

That would be nice,
Meanwhile I use a component from another vendor, that we use to generate our pdf, to create the signature fields in a new document and then:

1) I am able to sign this new document manually using Acrobat.
2) I am able to sign a similar document created with Acrobat using Secure blackbox.
3) when I sign the document created with this other component with SBB (exact same code as in 2), acrobat 9 is not able to validate the signatures.

I take the liberty to upload both documents (empty and signed) as they are very small.

Thank you

[ Download ]
Also by EldoS: BizCrypto
Components for BizTalk® and SQL Server® Integration Services that let you securely store and transfer information in your business automation solutions.

Topic viewed 1576 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!