EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PGP Black Box Coding

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 07/21/2006 11:18:30
by Phillip Grant (Basic support level)

I've downloaded the SecureBlackBox eval, and have checked out the GUI (VB) example. My needs are to create a non-GUI application (part of an automated file xfer process).

Does anyone know or have any programmatic examples of invoking the objects, and then encrypting/decrypting files?

Thanks in advance...
Posted: 07/21/2006 11:36:00
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

The samples is in development stage at the moment. We will post them to the topic as soon as something is ready.
Posted: 07/21/2006 13:02:51

Thank you for the speedy response! I look forward to seeing the examples.

Keep up the good work!
Posted: 07/31/2006 11:36:17

Hello,

Is there any news on programmatic VB6 examples? I have been able to hobble together my own working PGPWriter (encrypt) code, but am having trouble getting PGPreader (decrypt) code to work. The same code works with a GUI, but errors out when run non-interactively.

My being able to get a working test program running with the demo is what will determine if we purchase the full-blown product.

Thanks in adavnce.
Posted: 08/01/2006 10:14:58
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

The developer is working on exactly these samples right now. I have asked him about whether/when we can give you a sample. Will get the answer soon.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/01/2006 12:01:08

Thank you for responding to me regarding this issue.

My boss is hounding me about getting a working test program, and as I said, I have gotten PGPWriter to work OK, but am having trouble getting PGPReader to work programmatically.

Posted: 08/01/2006 12:13:28

Please use the attached sample. I have just received it from the developer, so it's untested. But it should give you an idea.

[ Download ]

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/01/2006 12:36:59

Thank you for the example.

-BUT-

This is another GUI example using forms very similar to the example that comes with the product. This is not what I need. The GUI examples work fine. I am attempting to do something like this (in a VB code-only, non-GUI exe:

Code
Public PGPReader As ElPGPReaderX
Public PGPGlobalKeyRing As ElPGPKeyringX
Public PGPLicMgr As ElPGPLicenseManagerX

Set PGPReader = CreateObject("PGPBBox.ElPGPReaderX")
Set PGPGlobalKeyRing = CreateObject("PGPBBox.ElPGPKeyringX")
Set PGPLicMgr = CreateObject("PGPBBox.ElPGPLicenseManagerX")

PGPLicMgr.SetLicenseKey ("E1gMG1reR2UggzJHIgbP1QFSCTHvP6xFIiEO/l8DXjo04XAe98qxTDCMH+P6C0rImqyOGts5hWHGDIsTsjceAJ9ZAjSj/UEwD88ovbIX+t7p6jkJYQwEvc4/1sIAo46SPFSC2CGjuzlNZ0LBH2+1zg6cjS/c0MnI8tqWlziJOXLlho966O9rlmlSiH+Xu8/VetfcDpe4naS/pxN9...izxt/XGzYdphdJUAvn5HxWyECzaQqi2/g3U4ar/0LjenRlmRmGIEJ18SeZzH60lL/wmIHr3PQ==")

' Load the Key Rings
    PGPGlobalKeyRing.LoadFromFiles "mypath_w_filename_to_pubring.pkr", "mypath_w_filename_to_secring.skr", True

With PGPReader
        .Passphrase = "my_pass_phrase"
        .DecryptingKeys = PGPGlobalKeyRing
        .VerifyingKeys = PGPGlobalKeyRing

.OutputFile = "mypath_w_filename_toOutFile"
        .DecryptAndVerifyFile ("mypath_w_filename_to_inputfile")

End With

This returns the error:

"Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)' No appropriate key for decryption found"

on the DecryptAndVerifyFile line. Entering the smae info in the GUI example decrypts the file fine without errors. I am sure there is something I am doing wrong, but can't put my finger on it...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted: 08/01/2006 12:55:07

Have you implemented the handler for OnPassphrase and/or OnKeyPassphrase events? I bet you have not.

This is from the sample I've sent:

Private Sub PGPReader_OnKeyPassphrase(ByVal Key As pgpbboxCtl.IElPGPCustomSecretKeyX, Passphrase As String, Cancel As Boolean)
frmPassphraseRequest.Init Key
frmPassphraseRequest.Show vbModal, Me
If frmPassphraseRequest.Executed Then
Cancel = False
Passphrase = frmPassphraseRequest.txtPassphrase.Text
Else
Cancel = True
End If
End Sub

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/01/2006 13:27:05

Isn't that what the property ElPGPReader.Passphrase is for?

If you set the PGPReader.PassPhrase before calling DecryptAndVerifyFile, shouldn't it use that?

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 11221 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!