EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

TElHTTPSClient Get initial call error...

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 04/14/2009 07:55:54
by Mark Bogan (Priority Standard support level)

I have a situation where my initial GET call via TElHTTPSClient correctly fires the OnData event, but, OnData does not deliver the complete response buffer from the server. After the initial call, all subsequent calls work perfectly... The code runs in a service and makes hundreds of calls after the first in a day all of the subsequent calls succeed.

Perhaps there is a way to set/increase the response buffer size on component startup to ensure that the first GET call delivers a complete buffer via the OnData event?

Thanks.
Posted: 04/14/2009 08:16:41
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

There's no guarantee that the first OnData call will return the complete response from the server. The exact sizes of chunks passed to OnData depend on many factors, including network speed, TCP/SSL packet sizes used etc. A correct way to handle server response is to accumulate the chunks passed to OnData somewhere. Once the Get() call exits, you can be sure that the complete response has been accumulated.
Posted: 04/17/2009 07:57:47

Thanks for the response...

I have tried what you suggested. That is, enabling multiple data calls from a single "GET" call to accumulate...

The issue that I am having here is that only one OnData event is firing and then the "GET" call is completing...

Your suggestion does make sense as the first data call of the day would contain all of the prior nights "electronic wires"...

Is there a way for me to notify the TElHTTPSClient object to accept multiple data calls on a given "GET" instruction?

Thanks for any help you can offer...
Posted: 04/17/2009 10:39:28

Mmm, you should not do anything -- all the response data should be returned through either single or several OnData calls for the moment when Get() method returns. Can you please check, does this problem occur with some particular server or with any HTTP server you are connecting to?
Posted: 04/17/2009 11:43:08

Unfortunately the only server I can check this against is the JP Morgan / Chase production wire dispersal system.

After speaking with them they informed me that their server is shipping the complete “PGP” data package. The buffer that I receive on failure is always precisely 3840 characters long.

This is a very critical issue for me to solve, so if you have a higher level ($$$) of tech support, please let me know the steps to move forward on escalation...

Thanks...
Posted: 04/17/2009 15:14:06

Could it be possible for us to see the exact chunk of data that you are receiving from the server as response to the very first GET call (i.e., the one that is unexpectedly terminated)? You can use Helpdesk to post the data confidentially.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Statistics

Topic viewed 1389 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!