EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS - error 75784

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 04/10/2009 13:12:32
by James Bliss (Basic support level)

I know this has been discussed before, but I did not see a resolution per se. We are having trouble connecting to a system which is running in a vendor's environment. We can connect to their test system using the SSL certificate they provided plus the password. We fail with the error 75784 when we try to connect to their production system with the certificate and password they provided. They indicate that the systems are identical but we do not have a means of verifying it.

This is after we have received their certificate (twice through the OnCertificateBalidate procedure and we are setting Validate = true
Then twice through the OnCertificateNeededEX procedure

The next step is that it falls into the OnSSLError procedure with this error.

We are using BlackBox version
Posted: 04/10/2009 13:52:07
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Please try version 7.0 which has been released recently. It's very likely that the fix has been made long time ago.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/10/2009 14:56:25
by James Bliss (Basic support level)

I just downloaded version The same error occurred. Thanks, I am working with the bank to see if they have a problem on their end as well. Any other suggestions which I might be able to look into from our end?
Posted: 04/11/2009 13:45:05
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Well if the same code works in one care and doesn't work in other, this must be a server side issue. Do you connect via proxy or firewall?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 04/12/2009 23:40:37
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

It is likely that the failing server needs a second certificate in the chain too (not only your one). Please try to do the following and check if it helps:
a) remove OnCertificateNeededEx event handler,
b) add TElMemoryCertStorage object to your code and load the certificate you've been provided with into the object using its LoadFromStreamPFX() method,
c) assign the created storage object to the TElSimpleFTPSClient.ClientCertStorage property.

Steps (b) and © should be performed before Open() method is called.
Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.

Topic viewed 1641 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!