EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

signature - encoding char : ě

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 04/07/2009 09:16:19
by Kvetoslav Jansta (Standard support level)

Hi,...

when I make signature visible, the signer's name is not correct :(
If Czech char 'ě' is present then it is generated as tilde.
I don't fill AuthorName, so I suppose it is automatically taken from the certificate.
There is a few places, where is encoding ok : certificate,
but only signature is bad.

can you say me please, where can be problem ?

thank you,
slava jansta
Posted: 04/07/2009 10:41:13
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

I don't fill AuthorName, so I suppose it is automatically taken from the certificate.

TElPDFSignature.AuthorName? This property you should fill by yourself. You should set UTF8 string for VCL edition (not for Delphi 2009), or unicode string for other versions.

If you are talking about TElPDFSignatureWidgetProps.SignerInfo property, then it is extracted from the certificate automatically. But, the default encoding for signature widget is ASCII.
If you wish to use non-ASCII characters, please see "Widget font and encoding" option in the PDF sample. (Choose: 'Free Serif, Unicode' or 'Helvetica, Win-1252')
Posted: 04/09/2009 06:05:09

Bogatskyy wrote:

TElPDFSignature.AuthorName? This property you should fill by yourself. You should set UTF8 string for VCL edition (not for Delphi 2009), or unicode string for other versions.

If you are talking about TElPDFSignatureWidgetProps.SignerInfo property, then it is extracted from the certificate automatically. But, the default encoding for signature widget is ASCII.
If you wish to use non-ASCII characters, please see "Widget font and encoding" option in the PDF sample. (Choose: 'Free Serif, Unicode' or 'Helvetica, Win-1252')

seting TElPDFSignature.AuthorName does not effect the result,
seems it is auto filled from certificate. That is as I want, from certificate, but I need good encoding.
Please see the attachement, in pdf reader showing certificate is ok, red circle,
but in the widget, it is not good displayed.

------------
slava jansta

Posted: 04/09/2009 07:39:27

seting TElPDFSignature.AuthorName does not effect the result,

Sure, it is a signature property (not signature widget).
seems it is auto filled from certificate. That is as I want, from certificate, but I need good encoding.

This text is controlled using TElPDFSignatureWidgetProps.Header and AutoText properties.
Did you try changing "Widget font and encoding" option in the PDF sample?
Please, see article:
http://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...icode.html
Posted: 04/15/2009 08:37:33

Bogatskyy wrote:

This text is controlled using TElPDFSignatureWidgetProps.Header and AutoText properties.

Hello,
sorry, but I still can not get good encoding :/
I want to use default font, default text, so I use :
Sig.WidgetProps.AutoText := True;

I don't want to change text of header or author... I want it to be picked automatically by default from the certificate.
Posted: 04/15/2009 15:19:24

Default font is Helvetica, and default encoding is ASCII.
You need to change text encoding in widget, it is not done automatically (really, you need to include your font, see samples and article above).
Could you please, sign pdf document with your certificate (using PDFBlackbox\TinySigner or SecurePDF sample, with "Widget font and encoding" option set to 'Helvetica, Win-1252') and attach it here or post it to the Helpdesk ticket for investigation.
Posted: 04/16/2009 03:25:13

Bogatskyy wrote:

Default font is Helvetica, and default encoding is [URL=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII#ASCII_printable_characters]ASCII[/URL].
You need to change text encoding in widget, it is not done automatically (really, you need to include your font, see samples and article above).
Could you please, sign pdf document with your certificate (using PDFBlackbox\TinySigner or SecurePDF sample, with "Widget font and encoding" option set to 'Helvetica, Win-1252') and attach it here or post it to the [URL=http://www.eldos.com/support/ticket_list.php]Helpdesk ticket[/URL] for investigation.

using PDFBlackbox\TinySigner see attachement,
is better, but not exactly what should be :(
'Helvetica, Win-1252'

Posted: 04/16/2009 05:29:56

Ah, this makes sense, for Czech language the correct encoding is Windows-1250.
Unfortunately, Adobe has StandardEncoding (Latin), MacRomanEncoding, WinAnsiEncoding (Windows-1252) and MacExpertEncoding predefined encodings only. All other encodings should be coded by hand using SimpleFont.EncodingObject.Differences property to remap a glyphs, see samples(for Type1 fonts).
The simplest way, to use 'Free Serif, Unicode' option. In this case the unicode font will be embedded to pdf file.
Posted: 04/16/2009 08:45:10

Bogatskyy wrote:
Ah, this makes sense, for Czech language the correct encoding is Windows-1250.
Unfortunately, Adobe has StandardEncoding (Latin), MacRomanEncoding, WinAnsiEncoding (Windows-1252) and MacExpertEncoding predefined encodings only. All other encodings should be coded by hand using SimpleFont.EncodingObject.Differences property to remap a glyphs, see samples(for Type1 fonts).
The simplest way, to use 'Free Serif, Unicode' option. In this case the unicode font will be embedded to pdf file.

hm,.. seems is not possible :(
I can not install fonts to users of my users :(, cause PDF_Reader displays en error about font, not found,.. etc..., in spite of I have copied font to windows/font.

ok, maybe another way,... what about image, background ?
there is an TElPDFSignatureWidgetProps.FBackground : TElPDFImage;
property Background : TElPDFImage read FBackground;

hot to fill it ? / LoadFromStream ?
Posted: 04/16/2009 17:45:06

I can not install fonts to users of my users :(, cause PDF_Reader displays en error about font, not found,.. etc..., in spite of I have copied font to windows/font.

You don't need to install font, it is embedded into pdf document. Please, check your test pdf document version, because fonts embedding supported starting with version 1.3 only.

ok, maybe another way,... what about image, background ?
there is an TElPDFSignatureWidgetProps.FBackground : TElPDFImage;
property Background : TElPDFImage read FBackground;

hot to fill it ? / LoadFromStream ?

Please, see the article:
http://www.eldos.com/documentation/sb...round.html
Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4910 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!