EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Secure Black Box

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 03/30/2009 22:58:20
by Monika Sharma (Standard support level)

Hi

I am trying to connect Unix Sever using Secure Black Box SFTP Client. I am getting this error

Failed to establish SFTP connection (error code is 103)

Could you please tell me the resolution of this error

Thanks & Regards
Monika Sharma
Posted: 03/30/2009 23:18:52
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Error code 103 stands for ERROR_SSH_KEY_EXCHANGE_FAILED. This error is usually returned if a client supports none of key exchange algorithms proposed by the server. Actually, it is quite unusual to see this error for Unix-based SSH server, unless standard SSH_KEX_DH_GROUP and SSH_KEX_DH_GROUP_EXCHANGE key exchange algorithms are turned off manually on a client side. Did you have a chance to check if the same issue occurs with the SimpleSFTPDemo sample included to the distribution?
Posted: 03/31/2009 00:19:22

Hi

Thanks for ur reply.

I am facing the same issue with the SimpleSFTPDemo sample included to the distribution.
I am able to connect SSH connection.

Can you please let me know how to resolve the problem. We are facing this issue with our QA server.

Thanks & Regards
Monika Sharma
Posted: 03/31/2009 00:26:06

On what stage of the connection does the issue occur? Simply check the entries in the log window of SimpleSFTPDemo.
Posted: 03/31/2009 00:37:55

This error is coming from this line of code

SftpClient.Open();
After execution of above code control comes in Catch Block.

Till yesterday we were able to connect the same server thorugh Secure FX. But today we are not able to connect this Unix server neither through Secure FX nor through code

Thanks & Regards
Monika Sharma
Posted: 03/31/2009 00:46:47

And what does the log say?

Till yesterday we were able to connect the same server thorugh Secure FX. But today we are not able to connect this Unix server neither through Secure FX nor through code

Then it is *very* likely to be a server-side issue. For instance, the administrator of the server might have turned off SFTP subsystem, leaving SSH server running.
Posted: 04/02/2009 12:57:26

A similar issue has been reported to the Helpdesk today. In that case it was caused by incompatibility between client and server protocol versions -- there was quite old server on the other side who did not understand even SFTP v3. Please check that SFTP0, SFTP1 and SFTP2 versions are enabled in your code. If they aren't, enable them and try to connect again.
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6265 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!