EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Closing SSL connection

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 03/30/2009 09:19:34
by Sandeep Mohan (Standard support level)

I am using a ElSecureClient. When i want to disconnect the SSL connection i use ElSecureClient.Close.
The client at this point is not sending the proper close_notify to the server. The Server throws an ERROR.
I have written other clients which dod not throw an error while closing. What should i do to properly close the SSL connection without the server returning an error?
Posted: 03/30/2009 14:39:40

This problem exists in the sample programs as well. Figured out the issue.
Posted: 03/30/2009 15:23:23
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Do I understand right that the issue was solved? Can you please tell us what the cause of the problem was?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/31/2009 05:36:00

In the sample code provided, the ClientSocket.close is called after the ElSecureClient.close in the Disconnect subroutine. I removed the call to the ClientSocket.Close in the Disconnect subroutine, and modified the code under ClientSocket_Close() event instead of calling Disconnect again. That fixed it.

Code
Sub CloseConnection()
   If Active Then
       If Client.Active Then
           Client.Close
       End If
       'Call ClientSocket.Close
       Active = False
       ReceiveFlag = False
       Text3.Text = Text3.Text + vbCrLf + "Disconnected"
   End If

End Sub

Private Sub ClientSocket_Close()
    ClientSocket.Close
End Sub
Posted: 03/31/2009 06:33:41
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, that's it. I didn't have code at hand so I couldn't be sure that my answer would be correct, but I suspected that too early socket closing was the problem.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 1121 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!