EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBPGPExceptions No suitable OpenPGP public key for encryption found

Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages
Posted: 03/26/2009 14:47:42
by Ashwini Sawant (Basic support level)

I am trying to do a file encryption with the basic code when i get the error message as shown below. I am using the SecureBlackBoxPGP in .Net 2005.

Another program which is downloading files and encrypting them is working fine using the same keyring file. But once i create a new project and start using the same code i get this error. i am relatively new to using this so i think i may be missing/ignoring something small.

SBPGPExceptions.EElPGPEncryptionStreamException was unhandled
Message="No suitable OpenPGP public key for encryption found"
at SBPGPStreams.TElPGPEncryptingStream.Initialize()
at SBPGPStreams.TElPGPStream.Process(Object AReadUserData, Object AWriteUserData)
at SBPGPStreams.TElPGPStream.Process(Object AReadUserData, Object AWriteUserData)
at SBPGP.TElPGPWriter.ProcessStreamSequence(Stream SrcStream, Stream DestStream)
at SBPGP.TElPGPWriter.Encrypt(Stream ASourceStream, Stream ADestStream, Int64 Count)
at AMAd.Decrypt.EncryptFile(String SourceFile, String DestFile) in C:\NSN\AMAd\Decrypt.cs:line 166
at AMAd.Decrypt.eFile(String src, String dest) in C:\NSN\AMAd\Decrypt.cs:line 189
at AMAd.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\NSN\AMAd\Program.cs:line 22
at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Posted: 03/26/2009 15:04:17
by Mykola Olshevsky (Basic support level)

Hi. Have you loaded keyring, and assigned it to the TElPGPWriter.EncryptingKeys property? If yes, please try our PGPFilesDemo with your keyring and see if it works.
Posted: 03/27/2009 02:30:49
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Or, better, post your piece of code that performs encryption, here.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2723 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!